Wednesday, December 3, 2008

November

Again, the month of November was primarily spend hunting for jobs. After the economy crashed, it became much harder to find employment. I have been working on getting a job at DirectPointe, for a couple different positions. Right before thanksgiving, I had an interview as a Network Operations Specialist. It went well, and I was invited back for a second interview, but because of the holiday, it hasn't happened yet. I am confident, and Clayton says I have a good chance.

The weekend of the 8th I drove up to Idaho for 2 weddings. My cousin Ace got married in Mud Lake, and my buddy Dave was married in Idaho Falls. Also, I stayed with some close friends in Rexburg. It was a little hectic juggling my schedule, but it was a great weekend. Spent time with my cousins, which was great, it had been a while. I fell in love with girl that was waiting tables at Applebees. She was cute, and she was wearing a Peyton Manning jersey, which was almost everything I've ever wanted in a girl. Problem is, I didn't even talk to her, cause I'm a big giant puss. So that's that. Anyway, the trip was fun, good to see family.

My birthday was pretty low key this year. No big party or anything. I went out to Tucanos for lunch with my roommates, then just kinda relaxed the rest of the day, watched a movie. I didn't ask for any gifts, because my parents have given me lots of money in the last couple months to help me weather the storm until I get a job and can pay my own bills again. It was still a pretty good birthday, and I still got gifts.

For thanksgiving, I wasn't going to be able to go home, because I couldn't afford it, and wasn't sure if I would have a job by then and have to work. But on the wednesday of, my brother told me he would pay for my gas to get home if I would watch his kids for a couple days while I was there. I accepted, packed my car and was on my way. I drove all the way home, good weather the whole way, and got there around midnight. I stayed at my brother Tyler's house for the weekend. Thanksgiving was great, the whole family was together. I had a great time. I babysat my nephews Alex(3) and Aiden(1o months) all day Saturday. It was enjoyable, harder than I thought it would be. I was up a couple times in the night with Aiden, but not for too long. I planned on leaving pretty early to drive back, but didn't hit the road until about 9:30am. Not 6 miles down the freeway I blew a tire. So I lost about and hour and a half while Walmart put a new tire on. They're the only tire place open on Sunday. So then I had to drive fast the rest of the day (not like I wouldn't have before). I made it back to Provo around 11:30, and went to sleep, I was exhausted, and sore. It was a really great trip though. I love spending time with family and friends. I got to play football, eat turkey, and go to a concert. Good weekend. Long drive though.

No comments: